Barnett makes high-quality American-made crossbows for relatively low prices. The brand launched three new crossbows for 2021. There is the Hyper Whitetail 410, Hypertac 420, and their flagship model this year; the Hypertac Pro 430. We’ve already reviewed all of them, you’ll find the links to our full reviews of each crossbow in this article.
The Barnett Hypertac 420 is a compact crossbow that utilizes Barnett’s HyperFlite technology and shoots small diameter arrows with velocities up to 420 feet per second. The crossbow measures a full length of 35.9 inches, an axle to axle width of 18.75 inches uncocked, and 9.1875 inches once cocked. The crossbow weighs 7.9 pounds.
The Hypertac 420 is built with an ultra-compact riser assembly paired with a tactical-style buttstock that is adjustable for a custom fit. The crossbow also features a pass-through forend and a multi-position pistol grip.
Like most Barnett crossbows the crossbow features three Picatinny rails. You can attach additional hardware to them such as a flashlight, extra quiver, etc.
The crossbow sports a 3 pound crisp zero creep TriggerTech trigger containing Frictionless Release Technology and a Metal Injection Molded (MIM) trigger. The trigger assembly features nock sensors and Anti-Dry Fire (ADF) and Barnett equipped the crossbow with a Soft Lok Floating Bristle Arrow Retainer.
This high-performance crossbow is accompanied by a Halo 1.5 – 5 x 32 mm premium red/green illuminated speed compensating scope. The scope’s precision reticles let you aim from 20 up to 70 yards.
- BARNETT HYPERTAC 420 CROSSBOW WITHOUT CRANK DEVICE: Lightweight and Ultra-Compact Crossbow shooting 420 feet per second with 22% penetration increase over standard crossbow arrows. Barnett Crossbows, the most trusted name in crossbows since 1962
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE: The most compact and devastating crossbow in its class has emerged. The HyperTac 420, pairs a newly designed and ultra-compact riser assembly with the tactical-style adjustable butt stock to create a superior shooting experience
- HYPERFLITE 22" ARROWS: Only use HyperFlite Arrows with HyperTac 420 (3 arrows included). With 21% F.O.C. Increase for enhanced accuracy and reduced wind drift these arrows provide a 22% penetration increase over standard crossbow arrows
- SAFETY FEATURES: Soft Lok Floating Bristle Arrow Retainer, Anti-Dry Fire (ADF) Technology, TriggerTech 3lb zero creep Frictionless Release Technology
- READY TO HUNT PACKAGE: Includes Halo 1. 5 - 5 x 32 mm Illuminated, Speed Compensating Scope, Three 22” HyperFlite Arrows, Premium Side-Mount Quiver, Rope Cocking Device, and Lube Wax. Ships mostly assembled. Color is Mossy Oak Elements Terra
Hypertac Pro 430
The Hypertac Pro 430 is Barnett’s flagship model for 2021. This brand new high-performance crossbow is packed with technology like HyperFlite, a quick-detach integrated crank cocking mechanism, and more.
The crossbow’s 230 pound draw weight and 14.25-inch power stroke allow this powerhouse to shoot small diameter arrows downrange with speeds up to 430 feet per second with high precision long-distance accuracy.
The crossbow is long and compact, it has an axle-to-axle width of 9.5 inches when cocked. The Hypertac Pro 430 weighs 8.9-pounds.
The Hypertac Pro 430 is built with a step-through riser and the crossbow utilizes Barnett’s new patented integrated string hook system The crossbow features a traditional frontend and narrow backend, which give the HyperTac Pro an exceptionally balanced weight center.
The crossbow features a pass-through foreend with an articulating verti-grip palm rest to handle. You can adjust the micro-adjustable buttstock and cheekpiece for a comfortable length-of-pull and you can use the flip-down verti-grip palm rest to shoot AR-style.
Barnett outfitted the Hypertac Pro 430 with string dampeners and the crossbow features three Picatinny rails on which you can attach for additional accessories.
The Hypertac Pro comes with a crisp zero creep 3-pound TriggerTech trigger assembly featuring nock sensors and Anti-Dry Fire (ADF) and Barnett equipped the crossbow with a Soft Lok floating bristle arrow retainer.
The Hypertac Pro 430 is accompanied by a high-end 1.5-5x32mm Halo scope and a build-in quick-detach integrated crank cocking mechanism with a push-button handle for fast and effortless cocking.
- BARNETT HYPERTAC 430 CROSSBOW WITH CRANK DEVICE: Incredibly Balanced Weight Center For Peak Maneuverability Shoots 430 Feet Per Second , Barnett Crossbows The Most Trusted Name In Crossbows Since 1952
- PRIME PRECISION: Innovative and feature-rich, this crossbow contains an incredibly balanced center for peak maneuverability, shoots up to 430 feet per second, and penetrates 25 percent deeper than the competition.
- CUSTOM COMFORT: Every touchpoint of this crossbow can be completely customized for your comfort. Simply, use the flip-down Verti-Grip to shoot AR-style, and set the perfect length-of-pull fit with a micro-adjustable butt stock and cheek piece
- SPECS: This crossbow weighs 8.9 Lbs., Axle to Axle Cocked is 9.1825 IN, and includes 3 22" Hyperflite Arrows, Premium 1.5-5x32mm Illuminated, Speed Compensating Scope, Integrated Crank Cocking Device, Premium Side-Mount Quiver, Lubrication Wax
- BARNETT: The most trusted name in crossbows since 1962
Hyper Whitetail 410
The Hyper Whitetail 410 is Barnett’s first Whitetail series crossbow that utilizes their Hyperflite technology, allowing the Hyper Whitetail to shoot .204 small diameter arrows for enhanced accuracy and penetration. The Hyper Whitetail shoots arrows with velocities up to, you guessed it, 410 feet per second!
The Hyper Whitetail is built on the durable Whitetail Pro stock and utilizes a new narrow front end with inverted cams. The crossbow features a pass-through foregrip, soft rubber touchpoints, and a CNC Machined aluminum flight track.
The Hyper Whitetail has three Picatinny Rails on which you can attach extra equipment.
The Hyper Whitetail 410 comes with pre-installed string dampeners, a crisp 3-pound TriggerTech trigger system with Frictionless Release Technology, a Metal Injection Molded (MIM) Trigger. The trigger assembly features nock sensors and Anti-Dry Fire (ADF) and Barnett equipped the crossbow with a Soft Lok Floating Bristle Arrow Retainer.
The Hyper Whitetail 410 features a single bolt assembly and comes with cocking crank or a rope cocking sled.
- BARNETT HYPER WHITETAIL 410 CROSSBOW WITH CRANK DEVICE: Powered by HyperFlite technology, this crossbow features a durable stock that pairs with small diameter arrows to deliver incredible precision and penetration, shooting 410 feet per second
- HYPERFLITE 22" ARROWS: Only use HyperFlite Arrows with Hyper Whitetail 410 (2 arrows included). With 21% F.O.C. Increase for enhanced accuracy and reduced wind drift these arrows provide a 22% penetration increase over standard crossbow arrows
- SAFETY FEATURES: Soft Lok Floating Bristle Arrow Retainer, Anti-Dry Fire (ADF) Trigger System, TriggerTech 3lb zero creep Frictionless Release Technology
- READY TO HUNT PACKAGE: Includes 4x32mm Illuminated Scope, Two 22” HyperFlite Arrows, Premium Side-Mount Quiver, Crank Cocking Device, and Lube Wax. Ships mostly assembled. Color is Mossy Oak Elements Terra
- BARNETT: The most trusted name in crossbows and crossbow accessories since 1962