We may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through our links. At no additional cost to you by the way! Read our Affiliate Disclosure policy to learn more.
Barnett makes high-quality American-made crossbows for relatively low prices. The brand launched three new crossbows for 2021. There is the Hyper Whitetail 410, Hypertac 420, and their flagship model this year; the Hypertac Pro 430. We’ve already reviewed all of them, you’ll find the links to our full reviews of each crossbow in this article.
The Barnett Hypertac 420 is a compact crossbow that utilizes Barnett’s HyperFlite technology and shoots small diameter arrows with velocities up to 420 feet per second. The crossbow measures a full length of 35.9 inches, an axle to axle width of 18.75 inches uncocked, and 9.1875 inches once cocked. The crossbow weighs 7.9 pounds.
The Hypertac 420 is built with an ultra-compact riser assembly paired with a tactical-style buttstock that is adjustable for a custom fit. The crossbow also features a pass-through forend and a multi-position pistol grip.
Like most Barnett crossbows the crossbow features three Picatinny rails. You can attach additional hardware to them such as a flashlight, extra quiver, etc.
The crossbow sports a 3 pound crisp zero creep TriggerTech trigger containing Frictionless Release Technology and a Metal Injection Molded (MIM) trigger. The trigger assembly features nock sensors and Anti-Dry Fire (ADF) and Barnett equipped the crossbow with a Soft Lok Floating Bristle Arrow Retainer.
This high-performance crossbow is accompanied by a Halo 1.5 – 5 x 32 mm premium red/green illuminated speed compensating scope. The scope’s precision reticles let you aim from 20 up to 70 yards.
- Barnett Crossbows | The most trusted name in crossbows since 1952
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE: The most compact and devastating crossbow in its class has emerged –Shooting 420 Feet Per Second the HyperTac 420, a newly designed and ultra-compact riser assembly paired with the tactical-style adjustable butt stock
- COMPACT & MANEUVERABLE: The ultra-compact design isn’t the only thing downsized on this new model - it shoots the small-diameter, extreme penetrating HyperFlite . 204 diameter arrows
- SAFETY FEATURES: Soft Lok Floating Bristle Arrow Retainer, Anti-Dry Fire (ADF) Trigger System, TriggerTech 3lb zero creep Frictionless Release Technology
- READY TO HUNT PACKAGE: Includes Halo 1. 5 - 5 x 32 mm Illuminated, Speed Compensating Scope, Three 22” HyperFlite Arrows, Premium Side-Mount Quiver, Rope Crank Cocking Device, & Lube Wax| Ships mostly assembled | Color: Mossy Oak Elements Terra
Hypertac Pro 430
The Hypertac Pro 430 is Barnett’s flagship model for 2021. This brand new high-performance crossbow is packed with technology like HyperFlite, a quick-detach integrated crank cocking mechanism, and more.
The crossbow’s 230 pound draw weight and 14.25-inch power stroke allow this powerhouse to shoot small diameter arrows downrange with speeds up to 430 feet per second with high precision long-distance accuracy.
The crossbow is long and compact, it has an axle-to-axle width of 9.5 inches when cocked. The Hypertac Pro 430 weighs 8.9-pounds.
The Hypertac Pro 430 is built with a step-through riser and the crossbow utilizes Barnett’s new patented integrated string hook system The crossbow features a traditional frontend and narrow backend, which give the HyperTac Pro an exceptionally balanced weight center.
The crossbow features a pass-through foreend with an articulating verti-grip palm rest to handle. You can adjust the micro-adjustable buttstock and cheekpiece for a comfortable length-of-pull and you can use the flip-down verti-grip palm rest to shoot AR-style.
Barnett outfitted the Hypertac Pro 430 with string dampeners and the crossbow features three Picatinny rails on which you can attach for additional accessories.
The Hypertac Pro comes with a crisp zero creep 3-pound TriggerTech trigger assembly featuring nock sensors and Anti-Dry Fire (ADF) and Barnett equipped the crossbow with a Soft Lok floating bristle arrow retainer.
The Hypertac Pro 430 is accompanied by a high-end 1.5-5x32mm Halo scope and a build-in quick-detach integrated crank cocking mechanism with a push-button handle for fast and effortless cocking.
- barnett crossbows. the most trusted name in crossbows since 1952
- "hypertac pro 430 crossbow package with crank cocking device. shoots 430 feet per second and includes three 22" hyperflite arrows, premium 1.5-5x32 illuminated speed compensating scope, premium side mount quiver, lubricating wax, integrated crank cocking device. ships to you assembled and ready to hunt. mossy oak elements tara camo"
- "specs - shoots 430 feet per second, weighs 8.9 lbs, axle to axle cocked is 9.1825 inches, 156 ft lbs kinetic energy, power stroke of 14.25", 7lbs cocking tension, dimensions: 35.375"x 12"
- hypertac pro crossbow has an incredibly balanced weight center for peak maneuverability. hyperflite technology pummels small diameter arrows down range with incredible speed and precision – up to 430 feet per second and 25 percent deeper penetration than the competition. the 1.5-5x32mm red/green illuminated, speed-compensating scope, pre-installed string dampeners and multi-position premium quiver complete the package for the ultimate shooting experience.
- safety first - features anti-dry fire trigger system and finger placement reminders. the hypertac pro 430 is loaded with features, including a newly patented string hook system you won’t find anywhere else. paired with the quick-detach integrated ccd, the hypertac pro guarantees a worryfree cocking experience.
Hyper Whitetail 410
The Hyper Whitetail 410 is Barnett’s first Whitetail series crossbow that utilizes their Hyperflite technology, allowing the Hyper Whitetail to shoot .204 small diameter arrows for enhanced accuracy and penetration. The Hyper Whitetail shoots arrows with velocities up to, you guessed it, 410 feet per second!
The Hyper Whitetail is built on the durable Whitetail Pro stock and utilizes a new narrow front end with inverted cams. The crossbow features a pass-through foregrip, soft rubber touchpoints, and a CNC Machined aluminum flight track.
The Hyper Whitetail has three Picatinny Rails on which you can attach extra equipment.
The Hyper Whitetail 410 comes with pre-installed string dampeners, a crisp 3-pound TriggerTech trigger system with Frictionless Release Technology, a Metal Injection Molded (MIM) Trigger. The trigger assembly features nock sensors and Anti-Dry Fire (ADF) and Barnett equipped the crossbow with a Soft Lok Floating Bristle Arrow Retainer.
The Hyper Whitetail 410 features a single bolt assembly and comes with cocking crank or a rope cocking sled.
- barnett crossbows, the most trusted name in crossbows and crossbow accessories since 1952
- features triggertech 3lb zero creep frictionless release technology – $200 value, cnc machined aluminum flight track, soft lok floating bristle arrow retainer, everything hunters love about the whitetail line is still here, including the durable stock with pass-through foregrip, soft rubber touchpoints and aluminum flight track. but the hyper whitetail 410 crossbow gets a leg up with hyperflite arrows
- crossbow specs, shoots 410 feet per second, 142 foot pounds of kinetic energy, draw weight of 190 lbs, power stroke length of 15.5, weight: 7.6 lbs"
- hyperflite crossbow is deadly accurate with .204 small diameter arrow compatibility, package includes two 22” hyperflite arrows, crank cocking device, 4x32 illuminated scope, premium side mount quiver, rope cocking sled, lube wax, and installation hardware
- assembly, hyper whitetail crossbow easily assembles with single bolt, safety first: features anti-dry fire trigger, finger guards, and finger safety reminders