TenPoint and Wicked Ridge have announced their new crossbows for the 2021 hunting season! TenPoint already released the Vapor RS470 XERO for the 2021 hunting season and they’ve added 2 more crossbows to their 2021 lineup.
Wicked Ridge has released 2 very promising crossbows for the 2021 hunting season and because Wicked Ridge is TenPoint’s budget brand, we’ll discuss both of their 2021 crossbow lineups in this post.
Table of Contents
TenPoint Crossbows For 2021
TenPoint announced their new crossbows for the 2021 hunting season. TenPoint partnered up with Garmin to release the first crossbow with a built-in rangefinder scope; the TenPoint Vapor RS470 XERO. A major upgrade to last year’s Vapor RR470. They also announced two other crossbows, the Havoc RS440, which they advertise as “The fastest compact hunting crossbow ever” and also the Siege RS410, “The quietest compact hunting crossbow ever produced!”
TenPoint Vapor RS470 XERO
TenPoint’s flagship model for 2021 is the Vapor RS470 XERO. It’s the first crossbow with a built-in rangefinder scope. Besides a few details, it’s basically a big scope upgrade for the Vapor RS470 from TenPoint’s 2020 lineup.
The Vapor RS470 XERO’s length is 31 inches, width uncocked 12 inches and cocked 6.5 inches. It’s weight is quite a bit heavier than the “normal” Vapor RS470. With the Garmin XERO, this crossbow weighs around 10 pounds. It’s still speed-rated with 3 different types of arrows. To actually reach the 470 feet per second you’ll need to buy the TenPoint Pro Lite carbon arrows with a weight of 370-grains.
The Garmin XERO X1i rangefinder scope is the Vapor RS470 XERO’s main feature. It’s an amazing piece of technology that can automatically range game up to a 250-yard distance. We’ve already reviewed the XERO scope and it’s insanely accurate. If you’ve got steady hands or a bipod/tripod to steady your crossbow, you’ll ‘robin hood’ your arrows at 100-yard distances.
TenPoint’s ACUslide cocking and decocking system is also featured on the Vapor RS470 XERO. It’s the safest and most silent crank cocking and decocking system for a crossbow. The ACUslide cocking device reduces the cocking effort to 5-pounds of force.
Because of the Garmin XERO’s height, TenPoint added an elevated custom cheek-piece to provide the perfect eye level alignment. TenPoint also includes their S1 Trigger which offers a 3.5-pound, crisp and zero-creep pull.
The TenPoint Vapor RS470 is also available with the upgraded EVO-X Marksman Elite scope. It’s available with camo options: Graphite Grey and Veil Alpine. The XERO is only available in the Veil Alpine camo option.
- The Garmin XERO X1i auto-ranging digital crossbow scope is the first of its kind: Automatically range game up to 250-yards away with the press of a single button.
- Precise illuminated aim points automatically adjust for both distance and brightness allowing you to see your target, unobstructed by reticle patterns.
- Forget the days of “gap-shooting” with multiple aim points – simply range, lock, and use the single aiming point provided by the XERO X1i. ACUslide Silent Cocking and Safe De-Cocking System
- Includes: ACUslide, Garmin XERO Scope, Narrow Soft Crossbow Case, Sling
- 6-pack EVO-X CenterPunch Carbon Arrows, 6-pack Lighted EVO-X CenterPunch Carbon Arrows, 3-pack EVO-X CenterPunch Broadheads, Tech Quiver, Bubble Level
TenPoint Havoc RS440
Second in TenPoint’s 2021 crossbow lineup is the TenPoint Havoc RS440. TenPoint released this crossbow with the EVO-X Marksman Elite scope and the Garmin XERO X1i Rangefinder scope. It’s advertised as “the fastest compact crossbow ever.”
Measuring just 26.5 inches in length,12.3 inches wide uncocked and 7.5 inches cocked it really is a very compact crossbow. It may not beat Ravin’s R26 crossbow that measures 26 inches in length, 9.25 inches wide uncocked and 5.75 inches cocked, the Havoc RS440 manages to shoot 440 feet per second compared to the 400 feet per second the Ravin R26 generates. The Havoc RS440 weighs 7.5 pounds without accessories. With the XERO scope mounted, it can easily weigh 10 pounds.
To generate the force required to reach the 440 feet per second, TenPoint used the reverse-draw design, a 270-pound draw weight and a brand new 16-inch arrow. The TenPoint Havoc RS440 is speed-rated with TenPoint’s new 16-inch EVO-X CenterPunch premium carbon arrows. These arrows have a weight of 400 grains and are also available with the lighted nocks.
TenPoint also features the ACUslide cocking and decocking system on the Havoc RS440. Just like with the Vapor RS470 XERO, the ACUslide reduces the cocking effort to just 5 pounds. The S1 trigger offers a smooth, zero-creep 3.5 pound pull.
Available camo options: Graphite Grey and Veil Alpine. The XERO is only available in the Veil Alpine camo option.
- EVO-X Marksman Elite scope;ACUslide cocking and de-cocking system;6-16" EVO-X arrows, bubble level, and tech quiver;Auto-engaging safety mechanism;DFI (Dry-Fire-Inhibitor)TM prevents crossbow from dry-firing
TenPoint Siege RS410
Last but definitely not least, the TenPoint Siege RS410. TenPoint claims it’s the “quietest compact crossbow ever.” TenPoint equipped the Siege RS410 with the RangeMaster Pro scope and the ACUslide safe and silent cocking and decocking system.
Using the same compact reverse-draw design as the Havoc RS440, the Siege RS410 also measures just 26.5 inches in length, 12.3 inches wide when uncocked and 7.5 inches wide when cocked. Without the accessories, this crossbow has a weight of 7.5 pounds.
Using the new TenPoint 16-inch CenterPunch premium carbon arrows and a draw weight of 220 pounds, this crossbow manages to reach speeds of 410 feet per second!
To keep it as quiet as possible, TenPoint includes an integrated string stop system which catches and dampens the sound of the string at the end of the barrel. By limiting the draw-weight of the Siege RS410 to 220 pounds, the limbs aren’t under maximum pressure and they generate a lot less sound than the Havoc RS440.
The TenPoint Siege RS410 might not have a Garmin XERO scope with a range of 250 yards or a EVO-X Marksman Elite scope with a range of 100 yards, the RangeMaster Pro still offers a range of 60 yards which should be more than enough for most hunters.
Available camo options: Graphite Grey and Veil Alpine.
- COMPACT MADE COMFORTABLE - Measuring just 26.5 inches long and 7.5-inches wide, the Siege RS410 provides unrivaled comfort in a compact crossbow. Plus, it’s adjustable butt plate extends up to 1” to match your length-of-pull.
- SUPERCHARGED SPEEDS - This hunting crossbow delivers devastating 410 FPS speed with same-hole accuracy when using the included EVO-X CenterPunch16 carbon arrow.
- VARIABLE SPEED SCOPE - Featuring multi-coated glass for optimal light gathering, the RangeMaster Pro variable speed scope includes lighted aiming points for precision down-range accuracy in low-light conditions.
- S1 TRIGGER - The industry’s best 3.5-pound, two-stage trigger features a zero-creep design with a roller sear system that sets the standard in high-performance crossbow accuracy.
- SILENT COCKING. SAFE DE-COCKING. - ACUslide not only allows you to silently cock the crossbow, it also offers silent and safe de-cocking. Simply backwind the handle & stop at any point without fear of injury, damage, or losing control.
Wicked Ridge Crossbows For 2021
For 2021 TenPoint Crossbow Technologies also launches two brand new Wicked Ridge crossbows; the NXT 400, which TenPoint calls their narrowest and most accurate Wicked Ridge crossbow as of yet, and the Blackhawk 360, which TenPoint calls the only budget American made crossbow that shoots 375 FPS.
Wicked Ridge NXT 400
The Wicked Ridge NXT 400 measures a full length of 33-inches(without stirrup) and an axle-to-axle width of 19-inches uncocked. The crossbow weighs only 7.4 pounds. This technologically advanced Wicked Ridge crossbow is built with TenPoint’s Narrow Crossbow Technology (NXT) bow assembly. The NXT bow assembly is responsible for its narrow 6 inches cocked width and delivers speeds of 400 feet-per-second with same-hole down-range accuracy speed rated with a 400-grain arrow.
The bow assembly consists of a lightweight aluminum riser, TenPoint’s TRI-LOCK limb pocket system, and two 200-pound durable DUAL FLEX limbs powered by a maximum rotation cam system with durable XR6-Cams. The bow assembly’s revolutionary Vector Quad cable system utilizes four cables instead of the traditional two which eliminates cam lean and generates straight nock travel.
The crossbow comes with TenPoint’s, crisp and consistent T5 trigger, all the safety features you’d want from a 2021 TenPoint crossbow, TenPoint’s 3x Pro-View Scope, and has TenPoint’s ACUdraw crank cocking device fully integrated into the crossbow’s stock. Accudraw allows for effortless, safe, and silent cocking that can be done by anyone and all ages.
- VECTOR QUAD CABLE TECHNOLOGY: Eliminates cam lean - ensuring straight arrow flight and producing match-grade down-range accuracy
- PRO-VIEW SCOPE: Featuring multi-coated glass for optimal light gathering, this scope includes lighted aiming points for precision accuracy
- T5 TRIGGER: Delivers a smooth, crisp 3.5 pound trigger pull for increased accuracy
- ACUDRAW COCKING DEVICE: Built-in cocking device draws your crossbow accurately with only 5-pounds of effort
- ULTRA-NARROW- 6-inch width while still producing 400 fps and weighing 7.4 pounds
Wicked Ridge Blackhawk 360
With the Wicked Ridge Blackhawk 360, TenPoint aims to dominate the entry-level hunting crossbow category. This budget-friendly hunting crossbow is not made in China like most budget crossbows but right here in the USA. It is the lowest-priced American-made crossbow ever that shoots arrows down-range with speeds up to 360 feet-per-second.
The most impressive feature of the Blackhawk 360 is how lightweight the crossbow is. The Blackhawk 360 weighs only 6 pounds.
The bow assembly consists of an aluminum riser and two 11” WRX laminated limbs that are powered by heavy-duty machined 5S cams and high quality, durable DynaFLIGHT 97 string, and cables.
Cable runs under the flight rail are guided by a cable saver slide that ensures zero down pressure on the string to rail. Also, the cross over of the cables is staggered to limit cross over rubbing, cable to cable. This design extends the string life exponentially.
The crossbow has a tactical black stock with a fully integrated fore-grip. The stock features a Picatinny rail below the front of the barrel to mount additional accessories.
The Blackhawk 360 comes with a rope cocker but is also compatible with TenPoint’s Acudraw rope cocking mechanism. The crossbow comes with TenPoint’s Multi-Line crossbow scope and a smooth, crisp 3.5-pound trigger system. The stock of the Blackhawk 360 is fitted with TenPoint’s DFI (Dry-Fire-Inhibitor).
- american made crossbow under $400
- shoots up to 360 feet-per-second
- "15" wide when cocked"
- ready to hunt package includes a multi-line scope, quiver, rope-cocker and 3 arrows.
- Sport type: Outdoor Lifestyle